Saturday, October 30, 2010

Annalemma Issue 7: Endurance













I think this is the best one yet. The theme of Annalemma Issue 7 is Endurance. It's a special issue because we have teamed up with the community of Eatonville, Florida, one of the first African American townships in the US. This issue reflects the legacy of Zora Neale Hurston who grew up in Eatonville and made the town the historical site it is today. Many of her writings including the novel Their Eyes Were Watching God, take place in Eatonville. Ted Hollin's, who has been photographing the annual ZORA! festival of art and culture for 22 years, contributed incredible documentary photographs. If you are in Central Florida join us November 12th at the Zora Neale Hurston Museum 6-8 p.m. for the realease party!

I must say there is stunning photography in here this time: Margaret Durow, Nina Hartmann, Jesse Hlebo, David Potes, Rose Wind Jerome really make my job easier. And I am so happy to say this: I'll have a copy for you when you are here in December! Woop! xo

- sea -

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I am so excited to be able to finally have some Annalemma in my palms. I believe I have ordered all of the previous issues and they are at my parents house up in MA. This issue I'll collect when I'm with you, how exciting to be able to talk about the process and all of the content with you over a cup of tea. xx

    ReplyDelete